Krista M. Hadeed, MS, CCC-SLP, is a Florida state licensed Speech-Language Pathologist, holding a certificate of clinical competence from the American Speech and Hearing Association (ASHA). She graduated magna cum laude from the University of Florida with a Bachelor's Degree in Linguistics and a minor in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL). Krista obtained her Master's of Science in Speech-Language Pathology from Nova Southeastern University, graduating with highest honors. Specializing in pediatric evaluation and treatment, she strives to provide the best evidence-based interventions in a warm, caring environment.
Krista has practiced in a variety of clinical settings, including hospitals, outpatient facilities, private clinics, homes, and schools. She has been honored to present at both the American Speech and Hearing Association and the Florida Association for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology (FLASHA) professional conferences.
She strongly believes in the benefit of a multidisciplinary team approach to intervention and is dedicated to working with families. Krista has a special passion for working with nonverbal and emergent communicators, facilitating the use of Augmentative and Alternative Communication to help these children find their voice!
Recent Professional Development and Training
- The PLAY Project 2-day Intensive Workshop attendee
- CoughDrop AAC: Modeling AAC in the Home - guest blogger
- Childhood Apraxia of Speech: The K-SLP Methods and Behavioral Strategies to Build Successful Vocal Communication Seminar attendee
- Assistive Technology Industry Association (ATIA) 2018 Conference attendee
- PROMPT (Prompts for Restructuring Oral Muscular Phonetic Targets) Training - PROMPT Trained clinician
- ASHA 2016 co-presenter: AAC Therapy in the Upper Grades: Aligning Activities With Evidence-Based Intervention Strategies (by Carole Zangari, Krista Hadeed, Diana Soybelman, Nicole Corey Rodriguez and Danielle Malvin)
- ASHA 2016 co-presenter: Designing Effective Intervention for Middle & High School Students Who Use AAC (by Carole Zangari, Krista Hadeed, Diana Soybelman, Nicole Corey Rodriguez and Danielle Malvin)
- FLASHA 2015 co-presenter: Understanding Speech and Language Characteristics in Children with syndromes (by Tambi Braun, Melissa Alder, Cassandra Melendez, and Krista Hadeed)
Follow my day on Instagram! @kmhspeech